Monday 21 December 2015

The Girl on the Train

Review:

The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins

Parts of this book hit a little too close to home, which made it difficult to get through without panic attacks of my own, but I'm very glad I did.  

 

Sometimes I didn't know whether to feel sorry for Rachel, unable to conceive the child she so desired, she became depressed, losing her home, her husband, and eventually her job in the process.  But she was also a pathological liar, lying to herself, to her landlord and friend, her mother, the police, and to entwine herself with the man whose wife disappeared.

 

There's not too much more I can write about this book without giving away the plot twists... I did thoroughly enjoy the story.

 

4.5 stars

Original post: cafebiblioaus.booklikes.com/post/1310059/the-girl-on-the-train

No comments:

Post a Comment