Sunday 6 December 2015

The Amazing Book is Not on Fire - Dan Howell & Phil Lester

Review:

The Amazing Book is Not on Fire - Phil Lester, Dan Howell

This book is definitely one for Dan and Phil fans or Phans if you prefer.  This is the textual embodiment of their YouTube existence.  I really feel that you have to at least be familiar with their YouTube channels (danisnotonfire, amazingphil & danandphilgames) to really appreciate this book.  

 

This book definitely has the Dan and Phil feel about it, it's very them.  Their personalities are clear and strong throughout.  For me there's a certain level of kinship I feel with these two, rather tall, self proclaimed nerds. Clumsy, socially awkward and game loving are all traits I can personally identify with, though they're all a good foot taller than I am, and maybe a few years younger.  

I believe that it is their honesty and their relatability that make them the YouTube power house that they are.  

 

I give Dan and Phil's book 4.5/ 5 stars.

Original post: cafebiblioaus.booklikes.com/post/1299478/the-amazing-book-is-not-on-fire-dan-howell-phil-lester

No comments:

Post a Comment